Shimla Restaurant Explosion Leaves 1 Dead and 13 Others Hurt
On Wednesday, police reported a gas leak caused an explosion at a local restaurant, killing one and wounding 13. On Tuesday evening, the explosion site was the Himachali Rasoi restaurant in Middle Bazaar across from the fire brigade office on Mall Road in the city’s center.
1 killed and 5 others were injured in a #Blast at Himachali Rasoi eating point located in Middle Bazaar just below the Mall Road, #Shimla. Also some shops are damaged. Reasons for the blast are not yet known. Police investigation continues#ShimlaBlast #HimachalPradesh#MallRoad pic.twitter.com/j4w3Ppc5Qa
— Bharat Verma 🇮🇳💯 (@Imbharatverma) July 18, 2023
Initial inquiries and forensic analysis pointed to the gas leak as the cause of the explosion. Director General of Police (DGP) Sanjay Kundu, who visited the blast site on Wednesday, said, “We are still probing all the angles until the final report is received.”
— Utkarsh Singh (@utkarshs88) July 19, 2023
He stressed that such instances should not be dismissed because Shimla is a popular tourist destination. To get to the bottom of what happened, he requested that the Shimla superintendent of police form a special investigation team (SIT) with the help of forensic experts.
Watch this tweet
#WATCH | Himachal Pradesh | An explosion occurred at an eatery in the Mall Road area of Shimla recently. CCTV visuals show the intensity of the explosion.
DGP Sanjay Kundu says, “This is a very serious case as this is a tourist place and thousands of people are present here at… pic.twitter.com/i5uyqMzaKb
— ANI (@ANI) July 19, 2023
- The government spit on a Mahakal procession and destroyed Muslim homes in Ujjain
- Mass Murder in Jodhpur: 4 Family Members, Including 6-month-old Infant Killed, Bodies Burnt; Disturbing Visuals
Kandu urged the appropriate authorities to investigate the security of the area’s numerous eateries and motels equipped with gas, electric supply, compressor, or refrigerator facilities.
SP of Shimla Sanjeev Kumar Gandhi claimed that a massive leak of liquefied petroleum gas from two cylinders caused the explosion.
To keep up with all the breaking news and exciting developments, we ask that you follow us on Twitter and participate in the lively debates on our website.