PM Modi to Inaugurate New Integrated Terminal Building of Veer Savarkar International Airport!!
On July 18, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the new integrated terminal building of the Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair. The terminal has been constructed at a cost of approximately Rs. 710 crore, covering an area of around 40,800 sqm.
This article provides comprehensive information about the new terminal building, its features, and its regional impact.
- Date and Time: July 18 (Tuesday) at 10:30 am
- Inauguration Method: Via video conferencing
- Dignitaries Present: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia
#WATCH | Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia unveils a statue of Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, in Port Blair.
PM #NarendraModi will inaugurate the New Integrated Terminal Building of Veer Savarkar International Airport today, via video conferencing
— Hindustan Times (@htTweets) July 18, 2023
Cost and Size
- Construction Cost: Around Rs 710 crore
- Area: Covers approximately 40,800 sqm
Passenger Capacity and Aircraft Apron
- Passenger Capacity: The new terminal building will handle at least 50 lakh passengers annually.
- Apron Construction: An apron capable of accommodating two Boeing 767-400 and two Airbus 321 aircraft has been built at around Rs 80 crore.
Architectural Design and Features
- Shell-shaped Design: The terminal building’s architectural design resembles a shell, symbolizing the sea and islands.
- Facilities include: 28 check-in counters, three passenger boarding bridges, and four conveyor belts.
- Sustainability Features:
– Double Insulated Roofing System
– LED Lighting
– Low Heat Gain Glazing
– Natural Skylights along the roof provide 100% natural lighting for 12 hours a day.
– Rainwater Catchment Underground water tank for rainwater harvesting.
– Sewage Treatment Plant reuses 100% treated wastewater for landscaping.
– Solar Power Plant with 500 KW capacity solar power plant installed.
Benefits and Impact
- Boosting Air Traffic: The new terminal building will enhance air traffic in the region.
- Tourism and Connectivity: It will promote tourism in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and improve connectivity.
- Economic Boost: The project aims to stimulate the region’s economy.
- Airport Name: Veer Savarkar International Airport, named after the freedom fighter Vinayak Damodar Savarkar.
Additional Air Traffic Operations
- Indian Navy Operations: Apart from the civilian terminal operated by the Airports Authority of India (AAI), the Indian Navy undertakes other air traffic operations over Port Blair.
- Runway Details: The airport currently has a single runway measuring 3,290 m long, capable of accommodating narrow-body aircraft such as Airbus A320, Airbus A321, and Boeing 737.
Other latest updates in Indian headlines you should not miss out upon:
- Over Two Lakh Pilgrims Perform Darshan in Amarnath Yatra Since July 1!!
- Cross-border Rail Link Between Nepal and India Becomes Operational, Boosting Connectivity and Trade!!
- Marathi Actor Ravindra Mahajani Dead: Suspected to Have Passed Away Three Days Ago!!
The new terminal building aims to enhance air traffic, boost Andaman and Nicobar Islands tourism, and improve regional connectivity, thereby bolstering the local economy.
Named after freedom fighter Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, also known as Veer Savarkar, the airport currently operates alongside the Indian Navy’s air traffic operations in Port Blair.
The inauguration of the new integrated terminal building at Veer Savarkar International Airport signifies a major milestone in the region’s aviation sector.
With its modern infrastructure and sustainable features, the terminal aims to cater to increasing passenger traffic, boost tourism, and bolster the local economy.
Bookmark us for more exciting news updates in the future Digi Hind News.